I am still in the process of spring cleaning my office when I found this 19-point checklist for discovering our spiritual growth in the Lord. This list is not mind, it was sent to me years ago by a friend and unfortunately the Author is unknown. I thought this would be a great list to share as a personal checklist.
- I am growing hungry to know God more – His ways, character, love, etc.
- I have an ever increasing desire to know God’s truth for my life: finance, family, relationship, etc.
- I have an increased awareness of my sinfulness (weaknesses, potential to sin) and His grace to forgive and help me.
- I am responding to sin quickly and seeking God’s help to deal with it. (Stop rationalizing sin!)
- I am relying more and more on Holy Spirit to work in me. Trusting God to enable me!
- My spiritual battles are more intense and yet I am still rejoicing.
- I am able to view (discern) trials and temptations as spiritual growth and opportunities to learn of God and His blessings.
- I consider my service for God as a high honor to Him.
- I view all that comes my way as a trial or test from God.
- My faith grows stronger. My life is a life of faith learning to trust God for bigger things! God is honored by the size of our request.
- My desire to obey Him is far more attractive then this world’s offerings.
- I am eager to share with others Jesus Christ. I am no longer selfish and self-centered.
- I become more and more like our Lord.
- I delight to do and give into the Lord’s work. I consider my tithing as an expression of love and gratitude to God.
- I experience more of God’s presence in my life (evidence of His presence). Knowing I belong to God!
- My private devotional life is priority in my life. The time I spend with God is precious.
- I become more content spending time with God quietly letting Holy Spirit guide my thinking and listening to God.
- My decisions are based on God’s decisions for my life. What pleases God is important to me. Evidence of my growth is when I want to go to God asking Him for His will in my life. Intimacy of our relationship!
- Jesus is the primary focus in my life.
For more inspirational articles checkout our newsletter articles at: