“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he…..” (Proverbs 23:7)
Our thought life is very important. Our thoughts can make us healthy spiritual or spiritually dead making our souls sick. Unfortunately, there are many in the body of Christ who have a battle going on in their minds. They constantly rehearse things of the past that have been done to them such as physical abuse or words verbally spoken over them. Or, they torture themselves about mistakes they have made.
What prompts these unhealthy thoughts, why do we rehearse over and over the past. Did you know that these unhealthy thoughts are an attack on our mind? Unhealthy thoughts are not from God, they are from our enemy satan. The Word of God says satan comes to kill, steal and to destroy anything he can from a child of God. He doesn’t want the children of God fulfilling the purpose God has for them. Satan battles us in our mind to destroy our trust in God! He wants us to think God is not able to heal our wounded soul! He wants us to think we are the only one with a terrible past! I share a secret with you! Everyone is going through something, and there are people going through the same problems as you! Satan will try to kill some of us with addictions, bad habits or with suicide, and this is all done through our minds with the thoughts we think. He wants to destroy our future!
Friends, where our mind travels, our heart follows! An unhealthy mind filled with negative or destructive thinking pollutes the heart making it unhealthy also. Father God tells us to “guard our hearts with diligence, from out of it flows the issues of life” (Proverbs 4:23). Guard means to protect our hearts and diligence means to be careful and persistent.” So, we are to be carefully persistent in protecting our hearts and we need to be persistent in destroying all negative thinking. Friends, there should be no room in our minds for the enemy to pollute our hearts with negative thoughts.
What are the “issues of our life?” Producing “good fruit” or “bad fruit” from our hearts. A polluted heart is angry, bitter, discontented, unforgiving, critical and judgmental, and many other character flaws.
Jesus tells the disciples of a parable that likens man as a tree. Negative thinking are seeds that are planted into our heart. If negative thinking is not destroyed, these planted seeds will produce bad fruit. Luke 6:43 reads “for a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit.” When our thought life plants seeds that are pure and healthy, we will produce good fruit worthy of God’s kingdom. Once again, that’s why God instructs us to guard our hearts. What type of fruit are your producing?
Father God instructs us in His Word to “Fight the good fight of faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses” (1 Timothy 6:12). We fight with the “sword of the word.” Know the Word and do as Jesus did when satan tried to tempt Him. He said “it is written satan…” Ephesians 6:14-18 tells us:
- We are not fighting flesh and blood (people).
- We are to be armed with the “truth” of the Word of God.
- To live by faith, which will quench the targets from the wicked.
- To take the helmet of salvation – this will protect our mind.
- To use the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.
- To pray always for self and for other Believers.
These verses of scripture states that to fight the good fight of faith we must be clothed in the Armor of God; then we can protect our minds from the evils of satan. Today remind yourself people are not our enemy. Satan uses people in an attempt to destroy our minds. God has us given us power and that power is found in the weapons He gave us in Ephesians chapter 6. We can win the battle using these weapons to defeat the enemy and then we will begin living a victorious and abundant life.
In your journal:
- List the Armor of God you need to put on.
- Write out how you will refuse to allow satan to keep you down.
- Write: I submit myself to God. I resist satan and he will flee from me (James 4:7).
Today & Everyday Proclaim:
- Today I put on the Armor of God.
- God has given me the power I need to be victorious in my mind.
- People are not my enemy. I refuse to let others control my thoughts.
- Today, I chose to speak affirmations over my life.
The Word of God has the power to transform and heal anyone who puts his/her trust in Father God for healing.
Examples of Affirmations:
- I am chosen by God. I will rule and reign with Him.
- I will fear not, the LORD is my refuge and strong tower.
- I am rooted and grounded in God’s love.
- The blessings of God are upon me!
- The Word of God is life and guides me in this life.
- God will keep me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Him.
S.N.A.C.K. on the Word
Facebook Group: Journey In His Word https://www.facebook.com/groups/679778782184830 Select the LIKE button or JOIN